Studies of the Brussels-Europe Liaison Office
- Ans PERSOONS, Brussels-Europe in figures, 2011.
This study gives an overview of the most recent figures illustrating the impact of the European institutions on Brussels. You will find figures about staff in the institutions and international organizations as well as the number of lobbyists, diplomats, regional representations, foreign journalists, and so on. The primary aim of this study is to be a working tool for future research or projects. The accent is clearly put on the gathering of data instead of the interpretation of the figures.
- Yann GALL, Brussels, capital region for 450 million inhabitants, 2005. Available in French and Dutch, send an email to email@example.com if you want to receive a copy.
The European District
- Thierry DEMEY, Brussels, Capital of Europe, Badeaux, 2007.
- For recent information on the planned works in the European District, click here.
Expats in Brussels
- Emanuele GATTI, Defining the Expat: the case of high-skilled migrants in Brussels, August 2009.
- Caroline DE GRUYTER, The Europeans. Living and working in the Capital of Europe, De Bezige Bij, 2006. (in Dutch)
- Arjan VAN DAAL, Bruxpats’: expatriates living in Brussels and its surroundings (in Dutch), 2006. Summary in ENGLISH
The impact of the European institutions on Brussels
- Roel DE GROOF (ed), Brussels and Europe, Bruxelles et l'Europe. The Position of Brussels in the World City Network -Interactions between the European Institutional presence and the Brussels-Capital Region, February 2009. An interuniversity and international colloquium was held in Brussels on 18 and 19 December 2006. The book presents a general outline of the research results and 26 contributions.
- E. CORIJN, C. VANDERMOTTEN, J.- M. DECROLY, E. SWYNGEDOUW, Brussels as an international city, February 2009.
- Eric CORIJN, Cathy MACHARIS, Theo JANS en Michel HUYSSEUNE, The impact of international institutions on Brussels: a multi-criteria analysis approach, December 2008.
- Nicolas BERNARD, The impact of the European Union on real estate in Brussels: between stereotype and underestimate, September 2008.
- Christian VANDERMOTTEN (ed.), Impact socio-économique de la présence des institutions de l’Union européenne et des autres institutions internationales en Région de Bruxelles-Capitale, maart 2007.
- Carola HEIN, The polycentric and opportunistic capital of Europe, December 2006.
- L’impact socio-économique des institutions européennes et internationales dans la Région de Bruxelles-Capitale: Actualisation 2001 et Prospection 2005-2011, 2001. Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to receive a copy of this study.